Thursday, March 21, 2013

What's in a name?

Selecting a name for your new product can be a difficult process. What are the things you need to consider? 

  • Is it original?
  • Does it have a meaning?
  • Will it appeal to my target market?
  • What if it sucks?
All these are problems I'm facing and more. It's difficult to come up with a name especially since my company has to do with social networking. And I DO NOT want to use the words social or networking in the name. I know, I'm stubborn and it would probably be much easier to come up with some generic name involving social network, but do you think Twitter was even a word before they came up with it?

Anyways, I've been toiling over many many names and I've settled on a "working" title of Rendezvous for now. I'm sure there's going to be a couple name changes in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment