Thursday, April 4, 2013

Validation

Any idea sounds great at first but its still doesn't mean anything is other people don't agree. Being an entrepreneur means coming up with lots of new ideas, some sound great but most have already been done or  people just aren't interested.

When I first had the idea to make, what's now known as Freshn, I knew in my head that nothing else existed quite like it. After having gathered like 100 responses to our surveys we now have a good idea of what people think. I'm surprised and delighted to say that people are interested in mobile location sharing. I know there were concerned from some team members earlier in the semester about people not wanting to let others know where they're at but you can't deny the evidence. I think we got something like 60% of people would be ok if their close friends knew where they were. That's a step in the right direction.

As the world progresses and the technology penetrates every facet of our lives, I know we're not too far away from a world where your location is known by someone at all times. While this seems a scary prospect, I'd rather have my friends know where I am, instead of...you know, the government and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment